Re: Auto-delete large objects when referencing row is deleted - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From higepon
Subject Re: Auto-delete large objects when referencing row is deleted
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi

> I assume you mean $subject and not what you wrote here.

Yes. Sorry it's my mistake.

>> I examined contrib/lo which offers this functionality.
>
> Yes.  I wonder why the TODO item is there at all, when contrib/lo
> already solves it in a perfectly reasonable way.

As a user of database, I think contrib/lo is not the best way.
Because it's not a part of core PostgreSQL, users may forget to use them.
Or it is a little messy to use.
So I think we need to implement *Auto* delete functionality in PostgreSQL core.

Cheers.

-----
Taro Minowa(Higepon)

Cybozu Labs, Inc.