Wait event that should be reported while waiting for WAL archiving tofinish - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Wait event that should be reported while waiting for WAL archiving tofinish
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

When I saw pg_stat_activity.wait_event while pg_basebackup -X none
is waiting for WAL archiving to finish, it was either NULL or
CheckpointDone. I think this is confusing. What about introducing
new wait_event like WAIT_EVENT_BACKUP_WAIT_WAL_ARCHIVE
(BackupWaitWalArchive) and reporting it during that period?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT DATA CORPORATION