Re: Pgbouncer discard all - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martín Marqués
Subject Re: Pgbouncer discard all
Date
List pgsql-general
El 16/10/18 a las 09:59, Scot Kreienkamp escribió:
> Are you sure they’re actually waiting?  Don’t forget 10.5 will show the
> last query executed even if the connection is idle.  I believe discard
> all would be the last command the pgbouncer would send to the database
> when the client is done as it resets the connection for the next
> client.  So what you’re describing would seem to be expected behavior.

He might have been referring to client waiting. That is visible in the
pgbouncer pseudo-database

OTOH if the the waiting is seen in pg_stat_activity, then pgbouncer has
nothing to do. The connection has already been assigned to the client
and the waiting is happening on the database server, not the pooler.

Regards,

--
Martín Marqués                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/