MetaData (size of datatype) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Shra
Subject MetaData (size of datatype)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi tom,

how to decode the atttypmod field........when i allocate 10 it shows it as 14
n for 20 it shows it as 24.......my problem is not just with
varchar........it is for all fields that has variable length .........the
same atttypmod returns -1 for integer? am confused........

I want the size allocated for each field i a table whether its a var-length
or fixed length........

Shra

--
Shra