Re: Why ContinueUpdateOnError is not implemented in npgsql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrus
Subject Re: Why ContinueUpdateOnError is not implemented in npgsql
Date
List pgsql-general
>> There are only two ways fix this issue.
>> NpgsqlDataAdapter must invoke automatic ROLLBACK after each error
>> or use checkpoints before each command.
>
> Yup, a savepoint before each command is required if that's the behavior
> you want.  Yes, that adds overhead.  The reason it's not automatic is
> exactly that it adds overhead, which many applications don't need or
> want.  But if you have to have it, that's what you do.

If I want to add 10000 records, using savepoint before each INSERT command
makes program very slow.

Why MS SQL server and Oracle does not have this issue and implement
ContinueUpdateOnError fast ?

Is this issue caused by PostgreSQL design failure ?

Andrus.