Re: Lock problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Victor Sterpu
Subject Re: Lock problem
Date
Re: Lock problem  (Alban Hertroys <haramrae@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
There may pass a few days or weeks until next lock.
But I don't  undesrtand why the whole table is locked if there is one
uncommited transaction.

The following scenario might be the cause:
1. Transaction is started
2. the client application is closed because of a power surge, the
started transaction will never be commited
3. from the server point of view there is a unfinished transaction that
will block future statements

Is this normal behaviour?