Re: What is causing 'canceling statement due to user - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: What is causing 'canceling statement due to user
Date
List pgsql-general
On 27.10.2006 10:13 Csaba Nagy wrote:
>> JDBC *can* cancel a running statement. You just need to call cancel()
>> from another thread.
>>
>> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/sql/Statement.html#cancel()
>>
>> Works great in my SQL front end.
>
> Are you sure ? Ever tried to cancel a long running statement and see if
> it is still running in the DB after you cancelled it on the JDBC side ?
Hmm. Pretty sure, I did not really check the server itself, but I could
see that the CPU load (running a local Postgres) went down immediately,
which I took that the statement was no longer processed by the server.

Thomas