Re: multi-install PostgresNode fails with older postgres versions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: multi-install PostgresNode fails with older postgres versions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 4/12/21 8:59 AM, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 20:07:41 +0200
> Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <jgdr@dalibo.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>> Let's give it a try ...
>> OK
> So, as promised, here is my take to port my previous work on PostgreSQL
> source tree.
>
> Make check pass with no errors. The new class probably deserve some own TAP
> tests.
>
> Note that I added a PostgresVersion class for easier and cleaner version
> comparisons. This could be an interesting take away no matter what.
>
> I still have some more ideas to cleanup, revamp and extend the base class, but
> I prefer to go incremental to keep things review-ability.

Thanks for this. We have been working somewhat on parallel lines. With
your permission I'm going to take some of what you've done and
incorporate it in the patch I'm working on.

A PostgresVersion class is a good idea - I was already contemplating
something of the kind.

cheers

andrew

--