Re: Fun fact about autovacuum and orphan temp tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: Fun fact about autovacuum and orphan temp tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 9/5/16 12:14 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> > I have certainly faced my fair share of customers with dangling temp
>> > tables, and would like to see this changed in some way or another.
> I don't think we look at those temp tables frequently enough to justify
> keeping them around for all users.

Plus, if we cared about forensics, we'd prevent re-use of the orphaned
schemas by new backends. That doesn't seem like a good idea for normal
use, but if we had a preserve_orphaned_temp_objects GUC someone could
add that behavior.

Isn't there some other GUC aimed at preserving data for forensics
(besides zero_damaged_pages)? Maybe we could just broaden that to
include orphaned temp objects.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)   mobile: 512-569-9461