Re: select unique items in db - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stijn Vanroye
Subject Re: select unique items in db
Date
List pgsql-general
a schreef:
> it returns nill now
> or nuthing
> and it is very very very slow

This is not much info. What is the actual query you are using now? What
are the tables like you are running your query against? I'cant really
get a good understanding of your problem. So far I have just given you a
general answer on the question "how do I select unique items in a database".

I Find it odd that a distinct query on a single table would return
NULL/nothing. What is that rank function you are using? That you
experience a speed drop could have a number of reasons. Using a distinct
on a select query could very well decrease perormance, but I can't tell
you in what order of magnitude.

Regards, Stijn.