Re: How to explicitly lock and unlock tables in pgsql? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: How to explicitly lock and unlock tables in pgsql?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 2022-03-16 at 20:30 +0000, Shaozhong SHI wrote:
> Table locks present a barrier for progressing queries.
>
> How to explicitly lock and unlock tables in pgsql, so that we can guarantee the progress of running scripts?

You cannot unlock tables except by ending the transaction which took the lock.

The first thing you should do is to make sure that all your database transactions are short.

Also, you should nevr explicitly lock tables.  Table locks are taken automatically
by the SQL statements you are executing.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe