Re: Newbie question - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Andrew Foster
Subject Re: Newbie question
Date
List pgsql-admin

Hi Ron,

If you GRANT CREATE and USAGE on schema FOO for the developer's user, your developer should be able to create new objects (in this case, functions) in schema FOO.

My suggestion for a best approach would be to consider what your default privileges should be (https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-alterdefaultprivileges.html) as well as setting up groups so that you don't have to modify permissions for each individual.

Hope this helps!

Andrew Foster | Educational Measures, LLC
Sr. Database Administrator