Re: wal_init_zero and wal_recycle - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: wal_init_zero and wal_recycle
Date
List pgsql-docs

On 2020/05/28 8:43, Thomas Munro wrote:
> On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 7:09 PM Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 27 May 2020 at 04:27, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The group of wal_init_zero and wal_recycle is WAL_SETTINGS in guc.c,
>>> but their descriptions are located in "19.6. Replication"/"19.6.1. Sending
>>> Servers" section. This seems a documentation bug. They should be located
>>> in "19.5. Write Ahead Log"/"19.5.1. Settings". Thought?
>>

>> +1

Thanks! Patch attached.
Since they are located just before wal_buffers in postgresql.conf.sample,
I moved the descriptions of them also just before that of wal_buffers
in "Write Ahead Log"/"Settings" section.

BTW, while reading guc.c, I found the GUC context of wal_recycle is
PGC_SUSET. But isn't it better to set it to PGC_SIGHUP because wal_recycle
doesn't affect any backends? Basically checkpointer and startup process
use wal_recycle.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao