Re: How to insert from linux to postgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Ron
Subject Re: How to insert from linux to postgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-admin
On 4/8/19 2:03 PM, Campbell, Lance wrote:

PostgreSQL 10.x

Use case:

I want to read a log file on my linux server and write each line out to a row in a postgreSQL table.

Presumably some manipulations need to be performed so that you can't just do COPY FROM STDIN?

When I do inserts however I want to make sure I am using prepared statements to avoid SQL injections.  I know how to do this is Java but I have not found an example using a linux bash scripts.

Does anyone have an example they could point me to?

I think the problem is that you need an open connection to use prepared statements, and you can't do that in bash.  What about using Python?  (After all, that's a scripting language, too.)