Re: Logging which local address was connected to in log_line_prefix - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Steele
Subject Re: Logging which local address was connected to in log_line_prefix
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 5/24/24 22:33, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> Peter, thank you for the feedback. Attached is a new patch with
> "address" rather than "interface", plus a new default of "local" if
> there is no address. I also removed the questionable comment, and
> updated the commitfest title.

I tried the updated patch and it behaved as expected with [local] being
logged for peer connections and an IP being logged for host connections.

One thing -- the changes in postgresql.conf.sample should use tabs to
match the other lines. The patch uses spaces.

I also find the formatting in log_status_format() pretty awkward but I
guess that will be handled by pgindent.

Regards,
-David