Re: xlogdump enhancements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Diogo Biazus
Subject Re: xlogdump enhancements
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 7/14/06, Jonah H. Harris <jonah.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
On 7/14/06, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> wrote:
> If you really want to tackle this the hard way, find some other program
> that does it. Here one written in Perl that can decode most tuples, but
> not all. It fails because it doesn't recognise all the types.

Yep Diogo, Martijn is correct.  You have to reassemble the tuple and
then generate the appropriate SQL statement for it.  For this, you'll
definitely need the catalog information to resolve relations, type
handling, etc.

Thanks for the info, I'm taking a look in that program. Is good to have a starting point :-)

--
Diogo Biazus - diogob@gmail.com
Móvel Consultoria