Re: Plpgsql function to compute "every other Friday" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From C. Bensend
Subject Re: Plpgsql function to compute "every other Friday"
Date
List pgsql-general
> By making this function sql and immutable, you give the database more
> ability to inline it into queries which can make a tremendous
> performance difference in some cases.  You can also index based on it
> which can be useful.

Very nice, Merlin.  These aren't really a concern in my case as
I'm the only one accessing the app (and hence, performance isn't
an issue), but it's good to see a better way to do things.

The PostgreSQL community really is top notch.

Benny

--
"Hairy ape nads."        -- Colleen, playing Neverwinter Nights