Re: postgis after pg_upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeremy Schneider
Subject Re: postgis after pg_upgrade
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/30/18 05:11, Slavcho Trnkovski wrote:
> I have postgresql 9.4 with postgis extension installed (latest version,
> 2.4.5). I upgraded postgresql from 9.4 to 9.6.
> After upgrading to 9.6 I get the following result
> from PostGIS_full_version()
>  select PostGIS_full_version();
>
>  ... (procs need upgrade for use with "96") ...
>
> Is there any way to resolve this besides recreating the extension?

If I'm reading the postgis docs correctly, this message specifically
means that you must do a full dump/reload of postgis-enabled databases.

http://postgis.net/docs/manual-2.4/postgis_installation.html#upgrading

--
http://about.me/jeremy_schneider