Re: XPath question - big trouble - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marian POPESCU
Subject Re: XPath question - big trouble
Date
Re: XPath question - big trouble  (Csaba Nagy <nagy@ecircle-ag.com>)
List pgsql-general
Thanks for replying.

It was a typo ...
Also id fom example should be objid ...

Anyway, without the typo, the result set is empty.

There is also a weird thing:

SELECT
  xpath_nodeset(rawdata, '/mydocument/body/chapter/contents/paragraph')
FROM xmldocuments

will output

 xpath_nodeset
 ----------------
 (empty line)
 (empty line)
 (empty line)
 (empty line)

 4 record(s) selected [Fetch MetaData: 0/ms] [Fetch Data: 1/ms]

 [Executed: 8/7/06 5:42:54 PM CEST ] [Execution: 3/ms]

 - (empty line) is what I wrote to say that there was nothing on output -
which makes me think there is something wrong with XPath implementation.

Anyway, is there a solution to my problems?

Marian

Csaba Nagy wrote:

> [snip]
>>                                 <paragraph id="01"
>>                                 style="para01"></paragraph>
>                                             ^^^^
> [snip]

xpath_bool(rawdata,'/mydocument/body/chapter/contents/paragraph[objid="2_1"]');