Re: Adding the extension name to EData / log_line_prefix - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Adding the extension name to EData / log_line_prefix
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 14.05.24 01:11, Tom Lane wrote:
> The mechanism that Andres describes for sourcing the name seems a bit
> overcomplex though.  Why not just allow/require each extension to
> specify its name as a constant string?  We could force the matter by
> redefining PG_MODULE_MAGIC as taking an argument:
>
>     PG_MODULE_MAGIC("hstore");

We kind of already have something like this, for NLS.  If you look for
pg_bindtextdomain(TEXTDOMAIN) and ereport_domain(), this information
already trickles into the vicinity of the error data.  Maybe the same
thing could just be used for this, by wiring up the macros a bit
differently.