Converting mysql "on update" to postgres "rule" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Edward Blake
Subject Converting mysql "on update" to postgres "rule"
Date
Re: Converting mysql "on update" to postgres "rule"  (Rodrigo Gonzalez <rjgonzale@gmail.com>)
Re: Converting mysql "on update" to postgres "rule"  (Ben <bench@silentmedia.com>)
Re: Converting mysql "on update" to postgres "rule"  (Charles Simard <tech@denarius.ca>)
List pgsql-general
Thanks to everyone who's helped me before.

I'm trying to create the following mysql table in postgres:

CREATE TABLE visit (
     data1 varchar(30) NOT NULL,
     data2 varchar(30) DEFAULT NULL,
     data3 timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP);

Thus far, I've been able to get this far:
CREATE TABLE visit (
     data1 varchar(30) NOT NULL,
     data2 varchar(30) DEFAULT NULL,
     data3 timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP);
CREATE RULE timestamp_update AS ON UPDATE TO visit
     DO ALSO
     UPDATE vist
          SET data3 = CURRENT_TIMESTAMP;

I've tried multiple iterations of how to accomplish this and keep getting stuck. With the one above, postgres yells and says:
ERROR:  infinite recursion detected in rules for relation "visit"

Any ideas?