Re: [GENERAL] Checking data checksums... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Steele
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Checking data checksums...
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/16/16 5:07 AM, marin@kset.org wrote:

> I enabled data checksums (initdb --data-checksums) on a new instance and
> was wandering is there a command in the psql console, or from the linux
> console, to force a checksum check on the entire cluster and get error
> reports if it finds some corrupted pages.

The newest release of pgBackRest (http://www.pgbackrest.org) will
validate all data checksums whenever doing a backup.  Invalid checksums
are reported in the backup log and recorded in the backup manifest.

The functionality requires a companion library that has not made it into
the community Debian/RHEL packages yet, but should be available soon.

--
-David
david@pgmasters.net