Re: PostgreSql Doubt - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: PostgreSql Doubt
Date
List pgsql-general

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/fdwhandler.html

> question2 -----> is it possible to seperate postgresql engine and use it
> on a data source where i will write fdw to connect the postgresql engine
> and data source ?.

No.

> question3 -----> In fdw , we need to provide schema of the file ,
> suppose i will get schema of the file in a varaible and how can we use
> this variable and directly create a link between datasource and
> postgresql engine ?.

You will need to be more specific about what you mean here?

> question4 -----> is this fdw(foreign data wrapper) good to use in
> postgresql ,if so did postgresql prepaired any api kind of fdw officially  ?

If I am following then the link at question 1 should address this. If I
am not you will need to be provide more information about what you are
looking for.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com