Re: What do you do when...? A schema Question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From junkboy@zeus.bwh.harvard.edu (holtzman)
Subject Re: What do you do when...? A schema Question
Date
List pgsql-general
As a follow-up, we are now (not that I totally agree, but I am part of
larger group) going to store ALL data in a single table as TEXT.  The
presumption here is that the data will arrive via html forms on a web
page, thus the data is originated as text.  So, we'll store it as such
and cast it to its appropriate type whenever we need to access it.
Keep in mind, however, some of this is scientific/medical data (e.g.
blood lab results).

I'd still like to see any comments/suggestions, as well as any answers
to the additional questions.

Thanks!

holtzman