Re: BUG #15576: Missing X509_get_signature_nid symbol causes thestandby to fail to start stream replication - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: BUG #15576: Missing X509_get_signature_nid symbol causes thestandby to fail to start stream replication
Date
In response to Re: BUG #15576: Missing X509_get_signature_nid symbol causes thestandby to fail to start stream replication  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On Wed, 2019-01-09 at 13:27 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> (Adding Devrim in CC)

Thanks!

> This seems like a linking issue with the packaging or the
> distribution.  X509_get_signature_nid is new as of OpenSSL 1.0.2, so
> visibly your version of libpq.so has been compiled with OpenSSL 1.0.2,
> but only an older version of OpenSSL is present, causing the
> dependency failure.

Right. OP wrote this:

Operating system:   CentOS Linux release 7.1.1503 (Core)

which is something that we don't support. Users must update the OS along with
PostgreSQL. I always build the packages by using the very latest update set of
the OS pacakges.

Alternatively, users can rebuild the packages using the SRPMs provided.

There was a discussion of maintaining each RHEL minor release separately, but
that would be *a lot of* work, which is I want to avoid, so I rejected it.

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com