Re: postgresql Secure Mode - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mario Soto Cordones - Venezuela
Subject Re: postgresql Secure Mode
Date
Re: postgresql Secure Mode  (Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org>)
List pgsql-general
Hello, what comments of PAM, was alone that, a comment, since try to
make it and I don't work.

now I detail them the carried out steps.
1.- make  the digital certificate, and it places it in the directory
it data of postgresql.

  openssl req -new -text -out server.req
  openssl rsa -in privkey.pem -out server.key
  rm privkey.pem
  openssl req -x509 -in server.req -text -key server.key -out server.crt
  chown postgres:postgres server.key && chmod og-rwx server.key

2.- configure postgresql.conf

ssl=true
password_encryption = true

3.- configure pg_hba.conf

hostssl all all  192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 MD5

4.- service postgresql stop
5.- service postgresql start

but when I try to connect myself for example from an application EMS
postgresql manager by means of SSL,  says that it cannot authenticate
in user

Thank, you very much

--
cordialmente,