PSQLODBC case insensitive - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Antonio Carlos Ferreira Júnior
Subject PSQLODBC case insensitive
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi folks

I'm accessing my PostgreSQL server from Windev (a french development tool) through the ODBC driver. I created the tables without quotes, so it doesnt if I execute this:

SELECT column FROM table
or this:
SELECT CoLuMn FROM tAbLe

But when I put the tables and columns names in Windev on lowercase I can access without problems. If I change one or more letters to uppercase I get an error.
Seems like the driver is building the statements like this:

SELECT "CoLuMn" FROM "tAbLe"

So the server cant find the tables and columns. Thas what I think. I'm I wrong? If not, is that a way that I can make the ODBC driver build the statements without quotes?

Sorry for my bad English.

Antonio Carlos,
Itabuna - BA - Brasil