Re: BUG #17784: broken URL in 15.2 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: BUG #17784: broken URL in 15.2 release notes
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 2/9/23 11:46 AM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> On 2/9/23 10:33 AM, Andrey Lizenko wrote:
>> No, its ok for now, but didn't work for a quite short time, that is
>> why, I've checked it in a fresh cacheless FF, instead of usual Chrome.
>> My suggestion about CDN were also about it - we just need to wait.
>
> Well, on the pgweb side (the website code) we should ensure that the
> release notes are available. As part of the release SOP we do have a
> step to clear the release notes cache prior to launch. I clearly did not
> do that -- when I did my quick test it appeared to be OK, but that was
> only on the 15.2 notes.
>
> We do have code to automatically purge portions of the cache when
> certain models update, and on inspection we don't do that when we push
> out the releases and update the versions. I'm going to work on a fix for
> that, as this has now happened a few times (and granted, is typically my
> fault) but should be easy enough to automate.

Per a discussion on -www, we pushed a fix that should prevent (or at
least better mitigate) the risk that this happens in the future[1].

Thanks!

Jonathan

[1]
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgweb.git;a=commit;h=ac618d1bb5f8b28ca8766e5ce6e25642f8a36539