Re: Triggers and Full Text Search * - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: Triggers and Full Text Search *
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2020-04-21 at 12:24 -0500, Malik Rumi wrote:
> More than a year ago, I implemented full text search on one of my sites.
> From the beginning, there was one problem (or at least, what I perceive
> to be a problem): when I use a script to insert many documents at once,
> they do *not* get indexed in fts. If a document is created or inserted
> one at a time, fts indexes immediately. The workaround I came up with
> was just to open each of those script inserted documents and then close
> them. As soon as they are opened, they get indexed.

A trigger will fire and update the index immediately.

That opening and closing you are talking about does not sound like
a database activity.  Rather, it sounds like your software is delaying
the actual insert into the database, which would of course explain
why you cannot find it in the index.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe