Re: TAP tests aren't using the magic words for Windows file access - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: TAP tests aren't using the magic words for Windows file access
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/7/19 3:42 AM, Juan José Santamaría Flecha wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 1:57 AM Andrew Dunstan
> <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com
> <mailto:andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com>> wrote:
>

>     In any case, the patch will fail as written - on the Msys 1 system I
>     just tested Win32::API is not available to the DTK perl we need to use
>     to run TAP tests.
>

> May I ask which version of Msys is that system using? In a recent
> installation (post 1.0.11) I see that those modules are available.

Not sure how I discover that. The path is c:\mingw\msys\1.0, looks like
it was installed in 2013 some time. perl reports version 5.8.8 built for
msys-int64

This is the machine that runs jacana on the buildfarm.

The test I'm running is:

    perl -MWin32::API -e ';'

And perl reports it can't find the module.

However, the perl on my pretty recent Msys2 system (the one that runs
fairywren) reports the same problem. That's 5.30.0 built for
x86_64-msys-thread-multi.

So my question is which perl you're testing with? If it's a Windows
native perl version such as ActivePerl or StrawberryPerl that won't do -
the buildfarm needs to use msys-perl to run prove.

cheers

andrew