Re: WAL shipping and ever expanding pg_xlog - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Michael Dengler
Subject Re: WAL shipping and ever expanding pg_xlog
Date
List pgsql-performance
OK....it looks like the slave machine has run out of space and that caused the xlog files to pile up on the master.

Still...how do I prevent such all of the shipped WAL segments from remaining on the slave machine? Do I need to retain every single one? Can they be safely removed after the slave machine has restored the particular segment?

Thanks

Mike