Re: remove contrib/xml2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From M Z
Subject Re: remove contrib/xml2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
The thing is, why it doesn't crash on 8.3.8 but crash on 8.4.2? Any idea? A patch was applied to 8.3 but not to 8.4.2?

Thanks,
M Z

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 1:45 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 8:49 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Robert Haas escribió:
>> >
>> > I think that's an exaggeration. Certain people are known to be using it
>> > quite successfully.
>>
>> Hmm.  Well, all I know is that the first thing I tried crashed the server.
>>
>> CREATE TABLE xpath_test (id integer NOT NULL, t xml);
>> SELECT * FROM xpath_table('id', 't', 'xpath_test', '/doc/int', 'true')
>> as t(id int4);
>
> This trivial patch lingering on my system fixes this crasher (this is
> for the 8.3 branch).  It makes the "problem in alloc set ExprContext"
> warning show up instead.
>
> There are still lotsa other holes, but hey, this is a start ...

Interestingly M Z found he couldn't reproduce this crash on 8.3.  Can
you?  If so, +1 for applying this and backpatching it as far as make
sense.

...Robert