help me pls - Mailing list pgsql-general

From suresh ramasamy
Subject help me pls
Date
List pgsql-general
thanks for the info Devrim,

by the way i'm newbie, i have followed the steps in the documentation for compiling and installation.  I'm using FC4.  ./cofigure completes immediately but the gmake running for nearly the whole day.  so decide to terminate. (my system configuration is p-III, 733 with 256 MB Ram and 80GB hard disk)  give me a solution.

if i try the default installation in the FC4, the following error comes.  what should i do?

 postgres
FATAL:  "/var/lib/pgsql/data" is not a valid data directory
DETAIL:  File "/var/lib/pgsql/data/PG
_VERSION" is missing.

though i have follwed the instructions, somewher i'm missing the concept....   help me please.

regards
suresh