Re: postgresql-8.3.7 unexpected connection closures - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Maclean
Subject Re: postgresql-8.3.7 unexpected connection closures
Date
Re: postgresql-8.3.7 unexpected connection closures
List pgsql-general
[snipity snip snip]

Notwithstanding all the previous discussion. I still think there is a
problem with postgresql on windows.

Messages in the log are consistently of the form:
2009-06-23 08:28:26 EST WARNING:  worker took too long to start; cancelled
FATAL:  could not reattach to shared memory (key=252, addr=023F0000): 487
2009-06-23 08:35:58 EST WARNING:  worker took too long to start; cancelled
FATAL:  could not reattach to shared memory (key=252, addr=023F0000): 487

Postgres is actually usable if I restart the service after the machine
has booted up. This fixes the problem triggering the error message:

"Error connecting to the server: server closed the connection unexpectedly.
 This probably means that the server terminated abnormally before or
while processing the request."

 However the above messages are still appearing.

Personally I have no issues with the installation process. Although I
am the first to admit that sometimes I forget to check the log file
and the event files. I get used to Linux.

Regards
Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean
Centre for Autonomous Systems