Re: IMMUTABLE and PARALLEL SAFE function markings - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vik Fearing
Subject Re: IMMUTABLE and PARALLEL SAFE function markings
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 26/11/2018 22:23, Gajus Kuizinas wrote:
> I was wondering what is the reason IMMUTABLE functions are not by
> default PARALLEL SAFE and if the default behaviour could be changed to
> make IMMUTABLE functions PARALLEL SAFE?

I think I have to concur with this.  When is an immutable function not
parallel safe?

Sure it could be mislabeled as immutable but it could just as easily be
mislabeled as parallel safe.  And we already treat fake immutable
functions as user errors, for example in indexes.
--
Vik Fearing                                          +33 6 46 75 15 36