Re: dynamic result sets support in extended query protocol - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: dynamic result sets support in extended query protocol
Date
Re: dynamic result sets support in extended query protocol
List pgsql-hackers
On 14.10.22 09:11, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Now that the psql support for multiple result sets exists, I want to
> revive this patch.  It's the same as the last posted version, except now
> it doesn't require any psql changes or any weird test modifications
> anymore.
>
> (Old news: This patch allows declaring a cursor WITH RETURN in a
> procedure to make the cursor's data be returned as a result of the CALL
> invocation.  The procedure needs to be declared with the DYNAMIC RESULT
> SETS attribute.)

I added tests using the new psql \bind command to test this
functionality in the extended query protocol, which showed that this got
broken since I first wrote this patch.  This "blame" is on the pipeline
mode in libpq patch (acb7e4eb6b1c614c68a62fb3a6a5bba1af0a2659).  I need
to spend more time on this and figure out how to repair it.  In the
meantime, here is an updated patch set with the current status.

Attachment