Re: running postgresSQL 7 on Linux as postgres user - Mailing list pgsql-general

From jd@commandprompt.com (Joshua Drake)
Subject Re: running postgresSQL 7 on Linux as postgres user
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

Actually the below will not work as RedHat intended. RedHat uses a
service manager (Mandrake as well) called chkconfig. The chkconfig
program can use the sh script provided with PostgreSQL "IF" you edit
it.

You must add the following two lines:

#    chkconfig: 345 85 15
#                 that handles all database requests.

The description line can say anything as long as chkconfig finds the
book Practical PostgreSQL.