Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2018/02/28 19:14, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 6:42 AM, Amit Langote wrote:
>> BTW, should there be a relevant test in partition_join.sql?  If yes,
>> attached a patch (partitionwise-join-collation-test-1.patch) to add one.
>
> A partition-wise join path will be created but discarded because of
> higher cost. This test won't see it in that case. So, please add some
> data like other tests and add command to analyze the partitioned
> tables. That kind of protects from something like that.

Thanks for the review.

Hmm, the added test is such that the partition collations won't match, so
partition-wise join won't be considered at all due to differing
PartitionSchemes, unless I'm missing something.

Thanks,
Amit