Re: perl 5.36, C99, -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wshadow=compatible-local - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: perl 5.36, C99, -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wshadow=compatible-local
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 01.11.22 19:01, Andres Freund wrote:
> I don't know how much longer we can rely on headers being
> -Wdeclaration-after-statement clean, my impression is that people don't have a
> lot of patience for C89isms anymore.

> I wonder if we should try to use -isystem for a bunch of external
> dependencies. That way we can keep the more aggressive warnings with a lower
> likelihood of conflicting with stuff outside of our control.

Python has the same issues.  There are a few other Python-embedding
projects that use -Wdeclaration-after-statement and complain if the
Python headers violate it.  But it's getting tedious.  -isystem would be
a better solution.