Re: BUG #8150: NULL emements lost when casting result of unnest() - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Erik Rijkers
Subject Re: BUG #8150: NULL emements lost when casting result of unnest()
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Sat, May 11, 2013 17:13, Tom Lane wrote:
> brandstetter@falter.at writes:
>> SELECT unnest('{1,NULL,4}'::int[])::int8;
>> ---
>>  1
>>  4
>

> This is another case where I'm not too sure if we ought to back-patch.
> The current behavior is clearly wrong, but perhaps some application
> out there will be unhappy if we change it in back branches?

My vote would be against backpatching, both in this case and in the recent TO_CHAR()/TO_NUMBER()
format problem.

Perhaps there would be value in making the back branch patches available.  (Perhaps these two
patches are already usable against backbranches; I would have tried but I cannot build lower than
9.2 at the moment; I assume no-one can)

Erik Rijkers