Re: PL/Java 1.5.1 - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Chapman Flack
Subject Re: PL/Java 1.5.1
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
On 10/15/2018 11:32 PM, Chapman Flack wrote:
> On 10/15/18 22:38, Chapman Flack wrote:
>>    artful, 10 for bionic, 11 for cosmic. Debian's default-jdk seems to
>>    be 7 in wheezy and jessie, 8 in stretch, 10 in buster and sid,
>>    11 in experimental).
>>
>>    It might be nice to build pljava packages where libjvmdefault => the
>>    default version for the release. It still has to be /built/ with 8, but
>
> ... except in this scheme, it would have to be built with 7 for wheezy or
> jessie (the build JDK can't be /newer/ than the runtime). Slipped my mind.

Hmm, it also slipped my mind that the pom.xml contains
<target>1.6</target>, so it should be ok to build with 8 everywhere,
the built classes should still work in Java 6/7. I don't think
I've confirmed that recently, but I can check easily enough later today.

-Chap