Re: Compiling HEAD with -Werror int 64-bit mode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marko Kreen
Subject Re: Compiling HEAD with -Werror int 64-bit mode
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>  > I have also tried in the past to pass -Werror through configure, but
>  > that caused too many problems.
>
>  Is it your opinion that we shouldn't bother fixing this particular
>  test?  I was on the fence about it myself.  I don't want to promise
>  that configuring with -Werror will work, now or in the future; but
>  making this one test safe doesn't seem too onerous.

It's better to fail with certainty, than toggle randomly some
features on/off...

Unless autoconf guys promise that their macros are meant to work with
-Werror, it seems safer to fail.  Plus there are our own macros.

How about explicit switch to turn -Werror on, safely?

--
marko