Re: Pl/pgsql functions causing crashes in 8.2.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marko Kreen
Subject Re: Pl/pgsql functions causing crashes in 8.2.2
Date
Re: Pl/pgsql functions causing crashes in 8.2.2  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2/6/07, Marko Kreen <markokr@gmail.com> wrote:
> Indeed, the code can crash on NULL values as the NULL checks
> are missing or wrong in the functions.  Actually all the various
> functions except newid() should be declared STRICT IMMUTABLE
> thus immidiately avoiding problems with NULLs.
>
> Could you reproduce the crash with this change?  I'll try
> to play with this myself too.

STRICT IMMUTABLE fixed the crash for me so seems it was bug
in the module.  Although it did not happen in 8.2.1 so seems
some change in 8.2.2 made it trigger.

Attached is a patch for uniqueindent-0.2 that removes the
buggy checks and makes functions STRICT IMMUTABLE.

--
marko

Attachment