Re: Getting current transaction id - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marko Kreen
Subject Re: Getting current transaction id
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 7/24/06, Nicolai Petri <lists@petri.cc> wrote:
> I'm in the need for my custom written replication engine to obtain the current
> transaction id from a trigger function. As far as I'm told it's not possible
> today. Would people object much if this functionality was added for 8.2 ?
> It's the last piece of postgresql C code I have left in my application and I
> think it would be a nice information in general to have available for users.
> If not for anything else then for simple statistics.
>
> I attached the function I use with great success today.

Using XID directly has some drawbacks,  I need similary finctionality,
and decided to extend XID to 8-bytes and use that externally:
 http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2006-07/msg00157.php

Would that work for you?

--
marko