Re: make install getting slower - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: make install getting slower
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 07/12/2018 18:34, Andres Freund wrote:
>> But I think that we realistically could generate ninja files using some
>> Perl code not unlike the one that does the catalog .dat to .bki
>> transformation.  Just a thought at this point.
> That seems not great, because we would lose the ability to generate mscv files from the same source. Or whatever the
eventualreplacement of ninja will be.

We already generate msvc files using custom Perl code.  Right now we
generated them by parsing makefiles in a hackish way.  If we were to
change that to parsing a well-structured ".dat" file, that seems
entirely doable and wouldn't be worse than what we do now, I think.