Re: find a string contained in an attribute - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Szymon Guz
Subject Re: find a string contained in an attribute
Date
Re: find a string contained in an attribute  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
2010/3/24 Karina Guardado <kguardado@gmail.com>
Hi,

I want to know if it is possible to search for a string of characters inside an attribute for example I have the following table and values

cod_unidad |                 nombre_uni
------------+---------------------------------------------
          1 | Facultad de Ciencias Naturales y Matemática
          2 | Facultad de Ciencias Humanidades
          3 | Facultad de Ingeniería
          4 | Facultad de Agronomía
          5 | Oficinas Centrales
          6 | test

I want to retrieve all the rows where I find the word Ciencias for example. Is there a function or with select is possible to do it?

thanks in advance,

karina
El Salvador, Centroamerica

For example something like this should work:

SELECT * FROM table WHERE nombre_uni like '%Ciencias%';

regards
Szymon Guz