Re: insert in function writen in pgplsql - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Szymon Guz
Subject Re: insert in function writen in pgplsql
Date
List pgsql-admin

2010/3/19 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Szymon Guz <mabewlun@gmail.com> writes:
> You won't have to change the parameters in the function definition, instead
> you can use the RENAME clause:

> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION add_user(user varchar(20), password varchar(20) )
> RETURNS VOID AS $$
> DECLARE
>   RENAME user TO x_user;
>   RENAME pa TO x_password;
> BEGIN

I wouldn't recommend relying on that, because RENAME has been removed in
9.0.  I'm not convinced that it would have worked as desired in previous
versions either.

                       regards, tom lane

Is alias also removed?
I've checked that and it works in 8.4