Anzacathon, PostgreSQL and IPFS - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Daniel Pocock
Subject Anzacathon, PostgreSQL and IPFS
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all,

I've started putting together a hackathon, the Anzacathon[1], for Anzac
Day.  It revolves around data.

I decided to distribute raw data for participants using SQLite files in
the peer-to-peer IPFS filesystem.

Then I put together this nice little recipe for importing the SQLite
directly from IPFS to PostgreSQL using fuse and pgloader:

https://gitlab.com/anzacathon/postgresql

The script could be adapted for any similar activity.

I also thought about designing a script that automatically discovers the
IPFS sources, without listing them one by one.  That will come later.

Instead of SQLite, it is also possible to distribute CSV and pg_dump
files through IPFS like this.

Regards,

Daniel

1. https://anzacathon.com