How to fully restore a single table from a custom dump? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject How to fully restore a single table from a custom dump?
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hello,

I just realized that using

   pg_restore -t some_table ... some_dump_file

doesn't restore things like identity attributes
or indexes on the specified table.

The dump contains much more than just that table, so simply
using pg_restore without -t is not an option.

While I could extract the indexes manually using some clever regex
on the index names, I don't see a way to make sure that identity
definitions (or sequence values) are restored properly for the selected table.

Any ideas, how I can _fully_ restore a single table from a custom dump?

Thomas