Re: xml2 contrib patch supporting default XML namespaces - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Nikolay Samokhvalov
Subject Re: xml2 contrib patch supporting default XML namespaces
Date
List pgsql-patches
On 3/6/07, Mike Rylander <mrylander@gmail.com> wrote:
> Attatched you'll find a patch that I've been kicking around for a
> while that I'd like to propose for inclusion in 8.3.  I attempted to
> submit this through the original xml2 author (as far back as the  7.4
> days) but got no response.
>
> It's really fairly trivial, but I will be using the features it
> provides in production soon, so I'd like to see it applied against the
> contrib xml2 module.  The patch adds support for default XML
> namespaces in xml2 by providing a mechanism for supplying a prefix to
> a named namespace URI.  It then wraps the namespace-capable functions
> in backward-compatible equivalents so that old code will not break.

1) And what about non-default namespaces?
2) What if my XPath query has different prefix, that also should be
mapped to the same URI? (Not frequent case, but this really can occur
-- e.g. XML doc has prefix 'local' for URI='http://127.0.0.1', but
XPath should have 'loc' for the same URI.)

--
Best regards,
Nikolay